Implementation of Advertising and Telemarketing to Increase Room Revenue


  • Dewa Ayu Astari Intan Puspita Tourism Department, Politeknik Negeri Bali
  • I Ketut Astawa Tourism Department, Politeknik Negeri Bali
  • I Ketut Suparta Tourism Department, Politeknik Negeri Bali
  • I Putu Krisna Arta Widana Tourism Department, Politeknik Negeri Bali
  • I Wayan Nurjaya Tourism Department, Politeknik Negeri Bali


resort and spa, advertising, telemarketing, room revenue


Purpose: This study was conducted to determine the application of advertising and telemarketing by a 4-star hotel located in Payangan, Gianyar, Bali, Indonesia and their effect on increasing room revenue.

Research methods: Data collection techniques used are observation, interviews and documentation. The data analysis technique used is multiple regression analysis which aims to determine the magnitude of the influence of advertising and telemarketing to increase room revenue of the hotel, and processed with SPSS 25. Advertising carried out is in the form of print advertisements through brochures or flyers, newspapers, and magazines, electronic advertisements through the internet and social media, as well as special advertisements.

Findings: Based on the results of SPSS 25 calculations on multiple determination analysis, it is known that the coefficient of determination is 66.6%, which means that the contribution of advertising (X1) and telemarketing (X2) variables is 66.6% to the rise and fall of room income at the hotel. While the remaining 33.4% is influenced by other factors not included in this study.

Implication: Partially or simultaneously, the two independent variables have a positive effect on room income.


Assauri, S. (2014). Manajemen Pemasaran Dasar, Konsep, dan Strategi, Edisi 1, Cetakan ke -13. Jakarta: Rajawali Press.

Bali Provincial Tourism Office/Dinas Pariwisata Provinsi Bali. (2020). Rilis Data Statistik Resmi Bulan Oktober 2020. https: // Accessed on 12 January 2021.

Begam, S. (2020). Impact of Telemarketing on Retail Enterprises; A Csae Of Madurai City In Tamil Nadu. International Journal of Multidisciplinary Researches, 6(4), 28–33.

Dewi, N. L. L. A. R., Triyuni, N. N., & Winia, I. N. (2018). Marketing Strategy Through Sales Call And Telemarketing To Increase Room Revenue. 1(2), 197–211.

Fasana, S. F., & Haseena, A. G. (2017). Promotional Mix as the Strategic Tool for Improving Brand Equity (A Case in Franchise Fast Food Restaurants in Sri Lanka). International Journal of Engineering and Management Research, 7(6), 6–11.

Kotler, P. (2012). Prinsip-prinsip Pemasaran. Edisi Ketiga Belas, Jilid 1. Jakarta: Erlangga.

Manorek, S. L. (2016). The Influence Of Brand Image, Advertising, Perceived Price Toward Consumer Purchase Intention (Case Study: Samsung Smartphone). Jurnal Berkala Ilmiah Efisiensi, 16(1), 661–670.

Mudana, I Gede., Ernawati, Ni Made., & Voda, M. (2021). Analysis Of The Evolving Cultural Tourism Implementation In Bali Indonesia. 7(6), 608–619. https: //

Qadarsi, J. (2017). Analisis Swot Strategi Promosi Advertising di Objek Wisata Curug Bidadari Sentul Paradise Park, Bogor. Bogor Hospitality Journal, 1(1), 35–37.

Rahadian, D., & Pratomo, A. (2013). Pengaruh Bauran Promosi Terhadap Peningkatan Penjualan Kamar di Ho-tel Benua Bandung. Binus Business Review, 4(2), 776–780.

Rusby, Z., Bakhri, B. S., & Rozi, S. (2017). Pengaruh Bauran Promosi Terhadap Peningkatan Jumlah Tamu pada Wisma Graha Az-Zahra Pekanbaru. Al-Hikmah: Jurnal Agama Dan Ilmu Pengetahuan, 14(2), 222–241. https: // jaip.2017.vol14(2).1030

Salehi, H. & Farahbakhsh, M. (2014). Tourism Advertisement Management And Effective Tools In Tourism Industry. 3(10), 124–134.

Sari, A. I. (2020). Pengaruh Promosi Terhadap Tingkat Hunian Kamar Pada Mesra Business Dan Resort Hotel Di Samarinda. Jurnal Administrasi Bisnis, 8(1), 82–91.

Sukaatmadja, I. P. G., (2020). Manajemen Pemasaran Pariwisata. Penerbit Lakeisha.

Swantari, A., Gantina, D., & Festivalia, F. (2019). Analysis of The Effect of Price Determination on Hotel Revenue (Hotel Case in Puncak, Bogor). TRJ Tourism Research Journal, 3(2), 188. https: //

Threeranoot, S., & Chuaychoo, I. (2017). The Influence of Social Media on Hotel Occupancy: A Case Study of 5-Star Hotels in Pattaya, Thailand. An Overview of the Youth Centers with Regards to Their Community Service Practice: Agr i Youth Center Example, 3, 1–10.




How to Cite

Dewa Ayu Astari Intan Puspita, I Ketut Astawa, I Ketut Suparta, I Putu Krisna Arta Widana, & I Wayan Nurjaya. (2022). Implementation of Advertising and Telemarketing to Increase Room Revenue . International Journal of Glocal Tourism, 3(3), 173-189. Retrieved from