Peer Review Process
The article that has been sent to International Journal of Glocal Tourism will be through two review processes namely pre-review and review. The pre-review process of the article is done by the managing director that includes:
- Focus and Scope: The article being sent should in accordance with the scope of International Journal of Glocal Tourism. The article outside the scope of International Journal of Glocal Tourism will be rejected.
- Plagiarism Check: Plagiarism check and article similarity are done by using google scholar and Plagiarism Checker X with a maximum score of 25%. The article that has a similarity check above 25% will be returned to the writer for revision.
- References: references used in the article are a minimum of 15 references that consist of 80% primary sources and 20% secondary sources. The references should be in last decade, use APA style, and the references writing use MENDELEY reference manager software.
- Template: the submitted article should in accordance with the template in International Journal of Glocal Tourism
If from the four components, there is something not in accordance, then the article will be returned to the writer to be revised. The writer is given time for seven days to revise the article and send it back.
When the four components in the review process are fulfilled, then the article will be continued to be reviewed by the reviewer through the editor. The substances review process is done by three reviewers in Double-Blind Peer Review. The reviewer can give recommendation such as:
- Accept Submission: the article is accepted to be published without having revision in substances.
- Revision Required: the article with minor revision, the article is sent to the writer to be revised (when the writer has sent the revision, the article can be accepted to be published)
- Resubmit for Review: the article with major revision. After revision is done by the writer, the article is resubmitted to the reviewer to be reviewed again ( maximum three times resubmit), If the article is not quite right in substance after the fourth review, the reviewer is allowed to give a recommendation as Decline Submission.
- Resubmit Elsewhere: in substance, the article is considered less suitable and suggested to be submitted to another journal
- Decline Submission: article is rejected by the reviewer to be reviewed for two reasons, (1) the reviewer rejects because of a reason (not related to articles substances), then the article is sent to another reviewer. (2) rejected article in substance is considered less suitable to be published in the journal.
Article Processing Time on INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF GLOCAL TOURISM
The pre-review process takes a time about 3-7 days
The writer has 1 week to revise the article in the pre-review stage. The writer has not revised the article at that time and without giving any statement, then the managing director has done meaningless work, then the article will be rejected.
The review process by the reviewer is done about 2 weeks every round. The number of rounds in the review process depends on the reviewer recommendations.
The writer is given one week to revise the article from the reviewer, and if the writer does not send the revision at the specified time without any statement, then the editor and reviewer have done meaningless work, then the article is rejected.
The duration of the article starts from the submitting until the production stage in detail can be seen in the image below.
LOA (Letter of Acceptance)
LOA on International Journal of Glocal Tourism consists of 2 types, those are LOA that will be sent through the writer's email automatically by OJS when the article has been accepted to be published.
The second LOA is manual LOA that will be attached to the discussion section on OJS when the article has been accepted to be published.
LOA will only be given to the writer when the article has entered the production stage.
The manuscript rejection or manuscript cancellation on International Journal of Glocal Tourism consists of two types, namely rejection or withdrawal without fine, and rejection or withdrawal with a fine. Withdrawal without fine happens because of three things, those are:
- Do not in accordance with the focus and scope.
- The writer does not revise the article both in the pre-review and review stage along the specified time without any reason.
- Article rejection by recommendation of the reviewer related to substances/content of the article
Rejection or withdrawal with a fine happens because of two things, those are:
- The writer that takes his writing with any reasons when the article has been proceeded (enter the pre-review stage by the managing director).
- There is duplication in publication, where the writer does submit an article in several journals and one of them is the International Journal of Glocal Tourism, or the article has been published in another journal and re-submit on International Journal of Glocal Tourism.
Article withdrawal after proceeding or duplication in the publication is a wasting time where the managing director, editor, and reviewer has done a meaningless activity so in this case, the writer is fined about Rp. 1.000.000,- or US$ 100,00. Cancellation will be done when the writer has done the payment and sent the receipt of payment to the editor of International Journal of Glocal Tourism. If the writer does not agree to pay the fine, then the writer will be put on blacklist with the consequences; the writer will be blacklisted from the International Journal of Glocal Tourism, so the writer could not submit the article.