Peer Review Process
Articles that been submitted to the Journal of Aesthetic, Design, and Art Management, will go through two review processes, pre-review, and review. The article pre-review process is carried out by the managing director which includes:
1) Focus and Scope: Articles submitted must be following the scope of Journal of Aesthetic, Design, and Art Management. Articles outside the scope of journal will be rejected.
2) Plagiarism Check: Checking for plagiarism and similarity of articles is done using Plagiarism Checker X with a most score of 25%. Articles that have a similarity of examination above 25% will be returned to the author for revision.
3) References: references used in the article are at least 15 references consisting of 80% primary sources and 20% secondary sources. References must be within the last decade, using IEEE style, and written references using reference manager software.
4) Template: submitted articles must match the template in the Journal of Aesthetic, Design, and Art Management.
If any of the four components are not appropriate, the article will be returned to the author for revision. Authors are given seven days to revise the article and resubmit it.
If the four components in the review process are met, the article will continue to be reviewed by the reviewer through the editor. The substance review process is carried out by three reviewers in Double-Blind Peer Review. Reviewers can provide recommendations such as:
1) Accept Submission: articles are accepted for publication without substance revision.
2) Mandatory Revision: articles with minor revisions, the article is sent to the author for revision (if the author has sent a revision, the article can be accepted for publication)
3) Resubmit for Review: article with major revisions. After revision by the author, the article is sent back to the reviewer to be reviewed again (most three times re-submit). If the article lacks proper substance after the fourth review, the reviewer is allowed to recommend Reject submission.
4) Resubmit Elsewhere: the article is considered inappropriate, and it is recommended to submit it to another journal
5) Decline Submission: the article is rejected by the reviewer for review for two reasons, (1) the reviewer refuses for a reason (not related to the substance of the article), then the article is sent to another reviewer. (2) Articles whose substance is rejected are deemed unfit to be published in the journal.
Article Processing Time in the Journal of Aesthetic, Design, and Art Management
1) The pre-review process takes about 3-7 days
2) The author has 1 week to revise the article at the pre-review stage. The author has not revised the article at that time and without giving any statement, then the managing director has done meaningless work, then the article will be rejected.
3) The review process by reviewers is carried out about 2 weeks each round. The number of rounds in the review process depends on the reviewer's recommendations.
4) The author is given one week to revise the article from the reviewer, and if the author does not submit the revision within the stipulated time without any statement, as well as the editor and reviewer have done meaningless work, then the article is rejected.
LOA (Letter of Acceptance)
1) LOA in the Journal of Aesthetic, Design, and Art Management consists of 2 types, LOA which will be sent via email to the author by OJS when the article has been accepted for publication. The second LOA is a manual LOA which will be attached to the discussion section on OJS after the article is accepted for publication.
2) LOA will only be given to the author when the article has entered the production stage.
Article Disclaimer Rejection
Article Disclaimer Rejection of manuscripts or cancellation of manuscripts in the Journal of Aesthetic, Design, and Art Management consists of two types, rejection or withdrawal without a fine, and rejection or withdrawal with a fine. Withdrawals without fines occur for three reasons, :
1) Do not match the focus and scope.
2) The author does not revise the article either at the pre-review or review stage during the specified time without any reason.
3) Rejection of the article on the reviewer's recommendation of the substance/content of the article
Rejection or withdrawal with a fine occurs for two reasons
1) Authors who take their writings for any reason at the time the article has been processed (entered the pre-review stage by the Managing Director).
2) There was a duplication in publication, where the author did submit articles in several journals and one of them was the Journal of Aesthetic, Design, and Art Management, or the article had been published in another journal and was resubmitted to the Journal of Aesthetic, Design, and Art Management.